Instructors of Firearms Safety Association Member (BC/YT)
- Members of the IOFSA must be Canadiana Firearms Safety Course Instructors in good standing with the Canadian Firearms Program
IOFSA Code of Ethics:
It is our perspective that individuals in a position of authority and influence should conduct themselves with professional and ethical behaviour. The IOFSA presents the following as a Code of Ethics which we endorse and adhere to as members of this association.
- To keep the safety of the public as a matter of first consideration.
- To promote and strive for the highest possible standard in the lawful use of firearms and the responsibility associated with that use.
- To maintain a high standard of professional conduct.
- To serve the public with diligence and without discrimination by reason of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, or a special need.
- To hold in professional confidence information concerning a student or candidate unless a need for public safety arises or as required by law.
- To avoid all conflicts of interest that would reduce the quality of firearms education or safety.
- To conduct all activities related to the IOFSA with integrity, impartiality, honesty, and diligence.
- To maintain an ethical and courteous level when communicating about the association or regarding colleagues within the association.